Oct 17, 2007

roadtrip!

So, I actually did do some work over the last couple of weeks, but my camera battery died on Sunday night so I didn't get any pictures. I killed a couple more fabrics, and (uh oh!) bought two new ones! I'm very excited about my new line of bags, I really want to start, but I'm pretty committed to destashing first. I've got to get my butt in gear for the craft sales next month, though!
We're going on a roadtrip tomorrow! I can't wait! We're going to Halifax for the Halifax Pop Explosion. We've got tickets for 3 nights of shows, Apostle of Hustle and Grand Theft Bus on Thursday, Matt Mayes on Friday and (woohoo!) Eric's Trip on Saturday! I hope I'm not dead on my feet by then, I'm not much of a late night person :)
I'm a little nervous about this trip because I'm going to do a little shopping. I've been waiting patiently to get to the art store, MEC, 2 great yarn shops and MANY good restaurants. I think I may have to leave my credit card at home!
I don't feel too guilty about it though, because I'm actually knitting something with the yarn I bought last time I was there! I got it from The Loop, I was looking for some sock yarn that wasn't wool, and they helped me pick out a self striping cotton/wool blend by Opal. I'm knitting the Anastasia socks out of them, but I think they're going to be a gift, so I probably won't post them here until after they're received! I also bought some pretty purple Cascade Superwash, and I just started an Odessa hat out of it. I've done that pattern before, but it ended up a little small so I gave it as a gift. I'm going to make this one a little taller to accommodate my big forehead :)
Time for pictures! Since Yahoo photos is closing, I got my pictures moved over to Flickr (you should do this if you have Yahoo photos, they gave me 3 months free for my pro account!). There are some good oldies there!





1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi just wanted to say hello one Island crafter to another. I've used this yarn too for a pair of socks.

P.S.Flickr rocks... lots of great groups over there.