Oct 3, 2007

miscellaneous stuff

I feel like I've been really busy for the last month or so, but I don't seem to have anything to show for it! I guess that's not true, now that you've all received them I can talk about the HUNDREDS of photos I made into mini-albums for the wedding party and our parents. I felt like I was drowning in photos for a few weeks. Now I just have to finish our own album. We got the one from the photographer, but I'm going to add pages to it for the reception photos.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I made a special knitting bag for socks. I'm obsessed with sock knitting all of a sudden (though I still have to finish my first pair! I won't let myself cast on a new pair until the first one is finished!), and I've seen these cute little bags all over the place.
I also made another bag for my Etsy shop. Just one! I can't believe it! It looks like a tote, but it's actually pretty small, about 8" x 5". It's so cute, I really want to label it "the cutest handbag EVER," but that doesn't leave any room for the next cutest handbag that I make, so I'm leaving it open ended. It's just labeled "adorable."

I also made some stamps. I've been wanting to do this for a while, but my drawing and carving skills aren't the best. I saw a tutorial on a kids craft site for making stamps with that craft foam (I don't know what it's called!), so I just cut some squares and used a hole punch for the circles. So easy, but so many possibilities!
And finally, I've added some photography to my Etsy shop! I know I'm not a professional photographer or anything, but I've got some photos that I think look pretty good hanging in my house, so I thought other people might like them too! And it's another way to get more people to see the shop by having items in another category, since photography falls under Art while the rest of my items are under Housewares. Anyways, I thought it might be worth a try!

I almost forgot! I went to a knitting group for the first time on Monday! I've always wanted to go, and I found out about a couple of different groups a few months ago, but I've never ventured out. It was a lot of fun, and I met some new people. It's held at the art gallery, and I found out about some other events put on at the gallery, so it was a very informative night! I'll definitely be going back, it's held every two weeks.

No comments: