Oct 9, 2007

first socks and friday night geekdom

I finished my first pair of socks! I'm so excited! It also became really cold here in the last few days, so I've been wearing them every night. I need more!

I actually like the yarn a lot more now that I can see them on. I still have the majority of a ball left, maybe I'll make some socklets or something. (It's hard to tell, but in the second picture I have my feet up on my craft table while I was sitting on my stool. I almost fell, it was scary!)

Friday night, we watched Sicko, but it was over by 9:00 and I didn't know what else to do, so I organized my ribbon boxes and made LOTS of gift tags. It's a good way to use up ribbon! What am I going to do with them all though?

And finally, the Mom received her birthday gift! Sorry it was a little late! I found these beads in Halifax back in June, and they reminded me of Mom.

I did lots of woodworking over the weekend, but made the mistake of going for a hike yesterday afternoon in the cold. It was a great hike, but after dinner I was too pooped to do any more work, so I cuddled up on the couch with my second pair of socks! I'd call them about 25% done already! I really meant to get some mosaics done, but I'll plug away at them in the evenings this week.

1 comment:

jlmack said...

Those socks are lovely! I'm trying to find a way to knit socks in class without getting caught...