Sep 24, 2006

how far can you stretch a metre?

I fell in love with this fabric at the 50% off sale at Fabricville this week. I was only supposed to be buying supplies for my upcoming craft sale, but I couldn't resist (it was 50% off!). I had a little fabric left over, so I made 2 purses and cut out 4 more! I wasn't cheating after all!




Here's a close up of the bags:
And yet another handbag:


This project has been on the table for a while! I started cutting out the stencil last month, but the writing was so tiny and I kept making mistakes, so I shelved it for a while. I got the urge to finish it last night, and it turned out great!

I finished one more project this week, but I can't post it until it has been received by the birthday girl! Happy birthday to The Mom!

Funny story...the power went out at 5:00 today, no big deal, it's pretty bad weather. We got out the candles, ate hummus and pasta salad for dinner and started a game of Scrabble. I kept looking out the window to see if any of the other houses on our road had lights on. Every time I looked, someone was flying a kite at our neighbour Ricky's house. I didn't really think anything of it (windy weather is great for kite flying!) until it started to rain really hard. It didn't click in until the Maritime Electric truck came down the road. They stopped about halfway down the road, just past Ricky's, and got in the little bucket thing to get up to the lines. We couldn't figure out what they were doing. Then we realized the kite was stuck IN the power line! It had stayed up that whole time by itself! Chris was mad that he missed 2 hours of football for a stupid kite. I just felt kind of dumb for thinking someone would stand out there in the pouring rain to fly a stupid kite :)

No comments: