Nov 30, 2007

in the useless posts department...

Did you know that pop expires? It has a shelf life of something like 6 months, and the expiry date is on the lid. Well, one thing about having a DIY wedding is that you are left over with all kinds of beverages that can't be returned, such as beer in soggy cases, wine that's already been chilled, pop that came from a supplier that doesn't take returns on pop...
So for the last 5 months, we've been drinking as much diet Pepsi, Keith's and Yellow Tail Chardonnay as we can, which isn't a lot since we don't drink at home very much, and we drink milk with our meals. So, last night, I went for the pop, and noticed on the lid that it expired in October. What happens to expired pop? The lid won't come off. And when you run it under hot water, the pop bubbles up through the little holes in the lid (we have glass bottles here). Then, by the time you get it open, your hand hurts so much that you just want to hold the cold bottle against it instead of drinking it. Then, when you drink it, it's really flat. Then you blog about it for no reason.
All this reminded that I haven't blogged about the wedding yet! Of all things to blog about, I think your wedding should be one of them. Does anyone care anymore? I kind of want to do it for myself, just because there are details and funny things that keep popping into my head, and I want to document them. So, I'll get on it!
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

*c said...

i care.